Valentine’s day in Amsterdam
Top 3 Restaurants
- Wine, dine and live music. That’s the cosy atmosphere of the Pompstation. They serve a special 5-course Valentines menu for you and your loved one!
More info: www.pompstation.nu
Where? Zeeburgerdijk 52
- Imagine candle light and romantic vibes… Choose a 3-, 4-, or 5-course menu at Impero romano from €35 and let yourself be surprised by the chef. This Italian restaurant has delicious dishes for everyone!
More info: www.imperoromano.nl/amsterdam
Where? Amsteldijk 25
- Did you know that we serve a special Valentine’s menu at Restaurant JOOST and Remise47? Dip your finger food in chocolate during your dessert at JOOST or enjoy a 4-course menu at Remise47.
Where? Vondelstraat 26
More info: www.restaurantjoost.com
Where? Bellamyplein 47
More info: www.remise47.com
Top 3 romantic spots
- A traditional canal cruise is even more romantic when it’s Valentine’s Day… Rent a Boaty and transform your boat into a picnic spot! TIP: Don’t forget your scarf… or just cuddle up!
More info: www.amsterdamrentaboat.com
- Walk through the beautiful botanical garden at Hortus Botanicus. It is one of the oldest botanic gardens in Europe. Maybe you two will even find the mistletoe!
More info: www.dehortus.nl/?lang=en
- The Magere Brug is just 10 minutes away from Hortus Botanicus, at the Amstel. Story goes that if you share a kiss at the Magere brug, you will always stay together. It is also known as Amsterdam’s Kissing Bridge and it’s a lovely spot for marriage proposals…
Top 4 romantic dates
- Speaking of marriage… Let’s get married for one day! It’s possible at Wed and Walk. Say yes at noon and be divorced by midnight!
More info: wed-and-walk.com
- Classic but gold! Go on a romantic date at The Movies. This beautiful cinema was built in 1912. The historical details are still visible. TIP: Have dinner at Tavenu before heading to the film!
Tickets & info: https://www.themovies.nl/restaurant
Where? Haarlemmerdijk 161
- The concert hall’s famous Main Hall is not only beautiful, but even one of the best in the World. On Valentine’s day the historic hall will be transformed into a pink cloud, where you and your lover will enjoy music of the most amazing musicians. TIP: there is also a free lunch concert!
Price: from € 35
Tickets & info: https://www.concertgebouw.nl/concerten/classics-at-the-movies-vier-de-liefde-op-valentijn/14-02-2018/van=2018-02-14
Where? Concertgebouwplein 10
- Visit the open stage of Open stage storytelling night! It is a guarantee for a night full of fun, love and laughter! Everyone is welcome and entrance is based on donations.
Where? Veemkade 576